At week 9, we were still pretty nervous for our second appointment. Thankfully, it went well.
Following the usual "please leave a urine sample in this LITTLE TINY cup and bring it into your appointment room" they took us back to our favorite room in the practice, the sonogram room. I climbed onto the table and the technician pulled out the cold gel to rub on my belly and began massaging it with the sensor (I don't really know what it is called, but calling it a sensor is the best that I can come up with right now.)
Our little nugget appeared on the screen like it just KNEW that we were waiting to see it again. And again, the technician brought the most amazing sound into the room by filling it with a fast little heartbeat. As we were watching the image on the screen, we were both thinking 2 things.
1. I cannot believe how much the baby has changed in 3 weeks... it has gone from a little dot on the screen to what is starting to look like a BABY with arms and legs!
2. I cannot believe that thing is growing in me/her!
We met with Dr. L again and she told me that everything still looked good and sent us on our way with another picture of our growing babe. Another picture to document the journey.
(You can start judging my picture uploading abilities when I start uploading my own instead of horrible scans.)

No comments:
Post a Comment