This was the big day. We were both pretty nervous to meet with the doctor. While we had both chatted with Dr. L before, this was our first appointment that was about our new little secret.
When we got to the office, I had to fill out the standard paperwork that I have to fill out every.singe.time I go to the office. Then... they called my name. Chris and I followed the nurse back to the office. Following the normal appointment stuff (I will spare you the details) they took us into the sonogram room.
Now was the moment of truth.... It was still early, only 6 weeks so we had no idea what to expect. Everything that I had read up to this point says that you MIGHT be able to hear a heart beat before 8 weeks, but that it was not a sure thing. If you didn't hear anything, it was nothing to be concerned about, as sometimes there are just things that make it difficult to hear anything before the 8 week mark. With C holding my hand, we both took a deep breath and watched the screen. The next sound we heard was the strong beat of a fast little heart beat and the technician telling us that everything looked good. With tears rolling down my face and a smile from ear to ear to C's face, we got ourselves together and headed back to the appointment room, with the first picture of our BABY in our hot little hands.
We met Dr. L in her office with her face beaming and with the amazing news that everything was going great. She gave us the tentative due date of October 10, 2012.
When we left the office, I was definitely in a state of shock. While we had known for a little over a week that there was a little nugget in existence, it definitely became more real seeing the sonogram photo and hearing the heart beat. C and I spent the next few moments trying to come to terms that WE WERE GOING TO BE PARENTS. Scary. And while that was crazy, now came the hard part. Keeping our secret.

No comments:
Post a Comment