Monday, June 25, 2012

the big reveal

2012. 05.25

Sorry! I know, I know... it's been awhile. Let's try to catch up shall we?

Last time we left you, we told you that IT'S A GIRL! However, we didn't tell you about telling our families!

Since my family is in Seattle, while C$'s fam-bam lives in town (like, 8 miles directly west of us!) we decided to virtually get everyone together. Chris's parents and youngest brother came over with the younger bro's gf for dinner. Meanwhile, I had set up a facetime date (gawd... I love apple) with my family. Once dinner was over, we called up my family and sat C's fam down on the couch. Following some explanation of how some people choose to do a reveal through a cake, but we wanted to do something slightly different (and the fact that C's mom makes a killer dessert that I was not about to pass up), we finally opened the giant box that had been taunting everyone in the living room all evening. Next thing you knew (after I realized that I hadn't cut all the tape on my side) balloons flew out making is very apparent that a little girl would be gracing us with her presence in October.


And just so you get to see our beaming mugs with my crafty-handiwork :)

And as a final note (and to know how amazing I am with my craftiness), AFTER we did this, I saw a picture on Pinterest (my current obsession) of a couple opening a box and colored balloons flying out. Just to give myself a little pat on my own back (not that I can reach it right now...), we did the box BEFORE I ever saw the Pinterest picture. BAM!




No comments:

Post a Comment