Sunday, July 8, 2012

Belly Pirates

2012.06.28

I keep getting asked by various family and friends if random people have started walking up to me without invitation, and decided that it was totally and completely acceptable to rub MY belly. Well, up until today, I would answered “NO!” with a horrified look on my face. But following my run in at work, I can now say yes, although not without a big of laughter in my voice.

People that I work with on a daily basis know that  YES, I AM pregnant, and NO, I have NOT been indulging in too many evenings of copious amounts of the rocky mountain water otherwise known as Coors Light, and pizza from Beau Jos. I frequently get questions of:
-          “how are you feeling?”
-          “how is the pregnancy going?”
-          “how far along are you?”
The usual for the anomaly of a pregnant girl in an office world of young people that either aren’t 1. married or 2. looking to have kiddos anytime in the near future.

Today, I was standing in the kitchen at work having “water cooler talk” if you will, with a friend. Another person walked in the room, and immediately walked up to me, put her hands on my belly and said “I was wondering if I saw a belly bump beginning to form under there!” It took everything in my power not to bust out laughing. This person has a habit of calling other people out for less than professional behavior and now she was putting her hands on MY belly. Talk about ironic. But needless, to say, I kept my cool and answered with “Yep. She is growing away in there.”

So yes, I can now say I have been accosted by the Belly Bandits. Almost like those pirates… Maybe I will start calling then Belly Pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment